Wednesday 23 October 2024

Autoglass (Satya Nadella 2019 Inspire + Ready Corenote Video)

[MUSIC] >> My name is Martin Lee, I work for Autoglass. I've been with the company for about five years. So when I first started at Autoglass, I started as a dispatcher. I did the reporting side of it. I'd do all these reports every day, and it's just time consuming and that was making most of my day. I thought if I can shorten my time, I can get on with other things. That's where PowerApps come in. So I started looking into it. I thought, "Oh, yeah, it's quite easy." I was actually started to build an app and it was actually really great. I built an app called Technician Weekly Vehicle Check. A technician used to have to fill a form and take a picture of it, send it to his Operations Manager. He'd have to put it on an Excel spreadsheet and it was just a long process. Now, that's just put it in an app. Technicians love it. It just literally save their time from half an hour per job to 10 minutes, saving us $1.6 million a year in potential revenue. I felt excited. Everyone's using this app I created, and I'm like, "Oh, wow. I've done that." People just kept coming to me to build these apps. Now, I'm going into IT, which is a different role. This is amazing where my career has gone now. I've built about 40 apps now deployed in the company. The apps are working so well here in the UK. Safelite now wants to deploy our Technical Helpdesk in the USA. Just the thought of my apps being used around the world gives me such a proud feeling. [MUSIC]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Building Bots Part 1

it's about time we did a toolbox episode on BOTS hi welcome to visual studio toolbox I'm your host Robert green and jo...