Monday 21 October 2024

06 Navigate to Source

here on line 18 I'm making a method call into a nougat package called newtonsoft.json and I don't really know what's going on inside the method called serialize object I might be able to find the source code somewhere on GitHub and then go figure it out but it would be really nice if there's a way for me to just go straight to the definition hit F12 and go to definition so let's try that and it takes me straight to the source so this is not disassembly or anything like that this is the actual source code using something called Source link all nougat packages can opt in to Source link and that will allow Visual Studio to understand how to get to the actual source code that made up this particular version of this nougat package and even when you're inside these files you can keep hitting F12 until we come down here and it's a serialized object internal and this is a private string so I'm F 12ing I'm going to definition through a file that made up the nuget package that I'm working on and I can see everything that's happening so super helpful

No comments:

Post a Comment

ASP.NET Core 2.2

hi my name is Glenn Condren I'm a program manager on the asp.net team and today we're going to talk about some of the ...