Monday 21 October 2024

09 Shifter Extension

so I'm going to show you an extension here called shifter it allows me to flip between values and the editor really really easily let me demonstrate let's write some CSS let's do background to Blue and let's do set index four so I have a keyboard shortcut here Ctrl alt and then either the up Arrow or down arrow and so if I'm on a number here like the Z index and hit Ctrl alt up it increments the number like this if it was a 0.08 here you see it will know to keep those values depending on the decimals and all this sort of stuff so really really handy but we can do more it doesn't have to be just numbers it could also be colors so here's the color blue so if I do control all up I get royal blue dodger blue you see here it gets lighter and lighter the color gets lighter and lighter and lighter and then it gets darker if I go down dark blue and so on so forth so I can flip through these very easily if I have a hex value like this I can do the same and it understands what hex is and it knows it's a color in this case and so it will make the color darker or lighter as I either go up or down with the keyboard shortcuts we can do other things like switch between true and false or you know yes and no on off every time we can toggle between kind of known values shifter comes in and makes that super easy for us Ctrl alt up and down

No comments:

Post a Comment

Building Bots Part 1

it's about time we did a toolbox episode on BOTS hi welcome to visual studio toolbox I'm your host Robert green and jo...