Monday 21 October 2024

Amanda Finds her Dream Job

Amanda DeLisi: My name is Amanda DeLisi. I work for Davidson Macri Sweeping. My job title is Office Assistant. Katherine Bournelis: Amanda had worked for 10 years in retail and then her position was eliminated and she had come to realize what she wanted to do. DeLisi: I used to volunteer doing office jobs since I was 14. And I really liked it a lot. Bournelis: We applied for a number of positions with different organizations. It took Amanda almost a year to find this position. Cathy Albright: As we were introduced to the program, it sounded like something we wanted to pursue, so we created a position and we chose Amanda. DeLisi: It was kind of hard at first. We help each other. I enjoy what I'm doing. Bournelis: This highlights the impact of the Supported Employment Program with Microsoft. Amanda's part of the team. She loves what she's doing and it's such a win for everyone. DeLisi: I wanted to work in an office since I was young. This is one of my dream jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ASP.NET Core 2.2

hi my name is Glenn Condren I'm a program manager on the asp.net team and today we're going to talk about some of the ...