Wednesday 23 October 2024

Behind The Tech with Kevin Scott - Trailer

>> You're going to see the future. >> In these podcasts episodes, we're going to get behind the tech. We're going to talk with some of the people that have made our modern technological world possible, and understand what motivated them to do what they did. They had a great idea. They had passion about a particular thing and they did it, and it benefited all of us in this really awesome way, and shouldn't we care about that? I think history is valuable in a ton of different ways, like helping you not get too damned excited over the thing that you've just invented that you really didn't invent because it's been invented ten times already, and if you knew that, maybe you could have saved yourself just a little bit of work. I'd love for developers of all ages to listen, so people who are early in their career to learn a little bit about the history of the industry, and maybe to get some insight and perspective on what it means to be a really great engineer. Wow, it's great that I can see this person who, in a whole bunch of ways, is like me and maybe that inspires me to go off and do something awesome. I think there are also a bunch of folks like me, where it's going to be all kinds of nostalgic. You know just, "Oh my God, I remember that." Like the walk down memory lane. What I want people to get out of the show is inspiration. I want them to be a little more informed about the history of computing, and what's happening now behind the scenes they might not otherwise see. And I think all of that's important because technology is such a huge part of all of our daily lives, that even those of us who aren't engineers should understand a little bit more about what's going on behind the tech that is suffusing our lives. I'm Kevin Scott, Chief Technology Officer at Microsoft. In my new podcast, I'll be talking with really cool people who have done and are still building really amazing technology. So sign up and tune in so we geek out this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Building Bots Part 1

it's about time we did a toolbox episode on BOTS hi welcome to visual studio toolbox I'm your host Robert green and jo...